A Professional Learning Solution for Teachers.
Created by Marian Small, MathUP Classroom is a comprehensive, online, K–8 instructional solution that helps build teachers’ knowledge and understanding of mathematics so that they can better help their students.
With rich professional learning woven throughout the resource, MathUP Classroom is designed to support teachers in:
- Building confidence in teaching math
- Teaching through the use of essential understandings
- Teaching and assessing with intention and purpose
- Focusing on effective ways to consolidate learning
- Efficiently meeting all curriculum requirements
- Promoting critical and creative thinking
- Meeting the needs of all learners
A COMPREHENSIVE AND ENGAGING RESOURCE FOR STUDENTS.
While MathUP Classroom is a rich professional learning resource for teachers, the resource also features comprehensive student materials that cover all curriculum requirements. Student lessons and activities provided in MathUP Classroom include:
- Strand-based topics and three-part lessons
- Number Talks
- Brain Benders
- Wonder Tasks
- Cross-Strand Tasks
- Digital Games, Puzzles, and Supporting Activities
- Digital and Hands-On Games and Puzzles
Marian Small is an internationally renowned mathematics educator, author, and professional learning consultant. Dr. Small, whose career in education has spanned more than four decades, is considered one of the most influential math educators in Canada. She has authored or co-authored more than 85 math resources and travelled to mathematics classrooms around the world to provide consultation focused on improving understanding and performance in K–12 mathematics.
Contributing Authors to Supporting Resources:
MathUP Classroom Single-User Licence*
For more information about MathUP Classroom, available implementation support, and pricing, please contact your Rubicon sales representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.